The definition of luxury has certainly evolved over time - from excessive, to discreet and understated. Furthermore, the idea of luxury goes far beyond that of a price tag; it is associated with quality, craftsmanship, exclusivity and the uniqueness of the product. ‘Functionality, aesthetics, individuality are keys to luxury’, says famed Dutch architect, Piet Boon.
Where interior design is concerned, there is no set formula for how to produce luxurious surroundings. Luxury comes in many aspects; right from customization to details that include the finishing of the product and the choice of material you select.
When designing a luxury home, think of it as a welcome escape from the outside world where you’re constantly catering to others’ needs. It should be a representation of you - your tastes, your personality and a celebration of the people and things that you love.
Creating a luxury home concept
Building your dream home starts with an incredible construction team that has the confidence to execute the plan to meet your ultra-luxury home design target using the highest quality, energy efficient building materials.
Materials used in the foundation and framing of your home will play a pivotal role in its structural stability and longevity. Before discussing colour schemes and design elements with your interior designer, you first need to work with your builder to make sure the essential aspects of your home are addressed. It is extremely important to work with a developer who believes in quality as much as you do! When we think of quality homes, we think Isprava! A leader in high-end luxury holiday homes, Isprava is based in Goa and the Nilgiris. Nibhrant Shah the owner of Isprava quoted, “As someone who is a real estate developer, consciousness, the community and sustainability are extremely important. Buyers are a lot more aware and sophisticated; they want each piece in their home to tell a story.”
A typical Isprava home is designed by leading international designers, fully furnished with antique furniture and is maintained by a property management team on the owner's behalf.
Once the foundation is taken care of, it’s time to move on to the fun part…the interiors! A home’s interiors need to be balanced between aesthetic design and unconditional comfort. Whether your dream home is a cosy studio or a villa, there are always ways to make it your own, to have your style and personality shine through. From bespoke flooring to elegant lighting design, from luxurious home accessories to artistic décor, every little element goes a long way in creating an unforgettable impression!
1) Lighting fixtures can bring new life to any room in the house. It also highlights certain focal points you want guests to notice. Depending on the purpose, your lighting is likely to fall into 3 categories - ambient, task or accent lighting – a combination of which covers all your lighting needs!
2) Flooring is one of the most important components in a house! The type of flooring you select lays the groundwork for the rest of your home. When deciding on the kind of flooring, the first thing to consider is the overall look of the space! Is it contemporary or traditional?
Geometric patterns have a crisp, uniform contemporary feel perfect for a modern space. You can also get creative with the pattern and colours to bring visual impact to the floor.
Floral patterns, on the other hand, work wonderfully well in spaces that have vintage decor elements as they provide a classic and timeless look.
3) A new trend in villas and farmhouses these days are open-plan living spaces that create togetherness and flexibility in a home. They enlarge the feeling of the space making it look brighter and giving it an airy feel.
4) Beautiful pool spaces and gardens are the perfect relaxing spot and therefore, a quintessential part of any luxury holiday home.
5) Everyone dreams of a luxurious bathroom with amenities on par with those at your favourite spa! These include steam showers, a jacuzzi, freestanding soaking tub, and more. Your luxury home would be incomplete without these added perks!
A growing trend amongst luxury homeowners these days is the demand for more sustainable and healthy environments, which has placed greater emphasis on knowing where and how products are manufactured, thus, fuelling a trend toward conscious living. Luxury builders tend to have much higher standards for what constitutes an environmentally friendly home and are therefore propagators of investment in energy-efficient heating systems, weather-resistant materials and building techniques that minimize energy loss. The founder of Studio Momo Gurmeet Akali believes that “anybody who is aware of context – that includes – weather, conditions, seasons, the trees around, materials used in the landscapes – can understand conscious luxury. What comes together while doing a conscious design project automatically comes into the realm of conscious luxury.”
Current design trends
Reinterpretation of trends from the past and making them more contextual to today’s times is very popular amongst designers these days. Another trend is the use of materials in their natural form, staying true to the form. Whether it’s using wood, terrazzo, fluted glass, cane work or brass, it’s about celebrating the actual characteristic of that material!
Follow us on our Instagram account to know more about our luxury floorings - @bharatfloorings and Facebook page - @Bharatflooringsandtiles for more updates! To know more check out our website - https://www.bharatfloorings.com/
Post a Comment